While Florida is preparing for Irma
If you need help or advice during Hurricane Irma’s onslaught, where do you turn? To the groups and people below once you’ve written down your personal insurance companies’ phone numbers – property, auto and health.
- Florida Realtors® Disaster Relief Fund: This is Realtors helping Realtors. TheDisaster Relief Fund accepts aid applications from those in the Realtor family – members, associations and staff – who need assistance, and accepts donations from anyone who wants to help.
- Call 911: For any situation that requires immediate action.
- Call 511: Travel information, including info on road and bridge closures, toll suspensions and major evacuation routes: FL511.com
- Florida disaster updates: www.floridadisaster.org
- Florida Emergency Information Line: (800) 342-3557
- Find a hurricane shelter: Text the word “shelter” and your zip code to 4-FEMA (43362).
- Report price gouging: Florida’s price gouging hotline is (866) 9-NO-SCAM.
- Federal disaster assistance: (800) 621-FEMA (3362); TTY (800) 462-7585; www.fema.gov
- Low-interest loans and business help: Offered through SBA disaster assistance loans, https://www.sba.gov/loans-gran
- Insurance questions about policies: Florida CFO’s free Insurance Consumer Helpline is (877) 693-5236.
- American Red Cross: (800) HELP-NOW or www.redcross.org
- Salvation Army: (800) SAL-ARMY or www.salvationarmy.org
Source: Florida Realtors